ALAFAR is the Latin American Association of Refractories Manufacturers, a non-profit civil society which office is located in the city of Contagem, Minas Gerais - Brazil.
- To provide technical consultancy to the Latin American entities of the refractories production sector;
- To promote the scientific dissemination and exchange related to the refractory industry among its members;
- To defend the interests of the industry;
- To foster the qualification of technicians and specialized workforce;
- To disclose literature, conduct publications, and take part in congress on the theme;
- To promote a correct nomenclature and classification of the refractories products and maintain the industry’ statistics.